ecorest: Conducts Analyses Informing Ecosystem Restoration Decisions
Purpose/Objectives: Three sets of data and functions for informing ecosystem restoration decisions, particularly in the context of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. First, model parameters are compiled as a data set and associated metadata for over 500 habitat suitability models developed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS 1980). Second, functions for conducting habitat suitability analyses both for the models described above as well as generic user-specified model parameterizations. Third, a suite of decision support tools for conducting cost-effectiveness and incremental cost analyses (Robinson et al. 1995).
Platform/Program: R-package (web application in development).
Applications/Considerations: Over 500 suitability models are preloaded, but users may also specify a model in a different format.
Contact Information for ecorest
- Type: Index
- Certification: Pending. National.
- Users: USACE planners and engineers, consultants, other habitat applications.
- Domain: All ecosystems.
- POC: Kyle McKay, email@example.com
- POC: Darixa Hernandez-Abrams
- https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/ecorest/index.html (external link)
- McKay S.K. and Hernández-Abrams D.D. 2020. ecorest: An R Package for conducting analyses to inform restoration decision making. R Package and Reference Manual.